Sunday, November 22, 2015

First Time on a Spinner


When visiting the gym, I try to blend in without notice. Of course, in this particular visit, that didn't happen.

via spinning.com
The gym added a few spinners with the other cardio machines. I've been intimidated to try it out more because of its complexity. But today was the day I would face that intimidation and ride that machine.

The Spinner stationary bike has a couple of adjustable pop-pins. I realized this when I first got on and found that my feet couldn't reach the pedals. I jumped off and looked around and found the pop-pin to adjust the height of the seat. This particular pop-pin requires unscrewing and pulling to adjust the seat.

After adjusting the height of the seat, I got back on to the bike and started pedaling. Then I felt my seat drop with a "clank, clank, clank, clank" until I was at it's lowest setting. I forgot to screw the pop-pin in place.

People around me, especially the cute brunette girl on the treadmill next to me, turned towards the clanking sound.

What made it more embarrassing is that when I jumped off the bike to adjust the seat, my wired earphones, which fit around the ear, got caught on the resistance knob and yanked them from my ears.

Eventually, after adjusting the pop-pins and resistance knob, I was on my way pedaling confidently nowhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment