Monday, May 23, 2011

Focus


I try to visit the gym at least three times a week, and it's not unusual to see the same individuals working out next to me.

As I have indicated in previous blogs, I do cardio for about 45 minutes before doing some circuit weights.

When I get to the gym, I check in by swiping my keyholder tag across the scanner and greet the girl behind the counter.  Sometimes she says hello.

After we exchange gestures, I make my way upstairs towards the cardio machines.

When I workout, I try to avoid direct eye contact with any other person there.  I figure people at the gym don't want to be disturbed or ogled at by other people.

Well, I will admit that I was recently caught ogling the girl in front of me.  Of course, my defense is that I was really struggling with the elliptical I had set at level 10 and my focus was at the young girl jogging on the treadmill.

What makes this worse is that my focus was not at her upper torso or head.  Had it been, then I would have recognized her turning around.  Feeling like my body was running on slow-speed, I raised my head and noticed her looking towards me.  As our eyes met, my brain finally kicked in to yell, "Hey dummy!  Turn away.  Now!"

Embarrassed, I lost control of my footing.

No comments:

Post a Comment