Friday, June 3, 2011

30 pounds

Perhaps it wasn't such a bright idea to avoid the gym for a week.  My muscles were becoming achy and my legs restless.

I, however, have a good excuse.  The state's legislature was wrapping up their business and I needed to stay late and watch whether the bills we were tracking would pass.  Needlesstosay, our good governor decided to call the elected representatives back to the Capitol and finish their business within another 30 more days. 

But this post isn't about politics. It's about me avoid the gym for the week and the struggle it was to get back into the routine.

I left early from work on Wednesday to try and put in an hour and a half of cardio and circuits.  Yes, an hour and a half may not sound like a "routine."  However, for someone who is as petite as myself and who lacks upper body strength, it is a struggle.  Okay, I'm over-exaggerating, but I need to in order to keep you interested in this blog.

So, working out has become a sort of a job.  You perform well, you'll see results.  For me, I haven't seen any results except now I'm HWP rather than hwp.  I do have to admit that my upper body strength has improved.  I can now lift up a cooking pan without problem.  Don't ask how big the cooking pan is.

One thing I did worry about when getting back into the routine was that I would not be able to lift 30 pounds--stop laughing!-- but I did.  I actually lifted a little more.

Now the goal is to continue this throughout the summer.  I'm thinking one hour each day.  Maybe more.

Although I am planning a trip to the Valley to visit friends and family in the next couple of weeks, I need to make it a point to visit the gym at least an hour.  Oh, but the food in the Rio Grande Valley is soooooooo goooood!  This will definitely be a struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment